Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Nutrition Intern will be part of the management team responsible for the day to day Health & Wellness within Mississippi State Dining Services. The opportunity will allow the Nutrition Intern to gain experience in nutrition education curriculum development as well as leading wellness events. Interns will also be able to provide nutrition education to students on meal plans and assist in developing and implementing a variety of worksite wellness programs and resources. This also includes the oversight of national menu labeling, allergen awareness, and other functions as required.
• Must be a graduate student at Mississippi State University currently pursuing a graduate degree in nutrition or similar field.
• Must be willing to work at least 12 months (one full year), with a minimum of 20 hours a week.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
• The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
• The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights or weekends according to business need.
• Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with Marketing Coordinator and Registered Dietician on all projects
• Work with marketing team on #WellnessWednesay Posts
• Provide nutrition education tabling >1 month
• Lead healthy on campus tours for general healthy eating & vegan/vegetarian eating
• Partner with campus departments and organizations to promote wellness on campus
• Assist with oversite of Simple Solutions station, Made Without Gluten Station, Vegan Station, and promotion of other vegan/vegetarian options on campus
• Oversee National Menu Labeling Compliance
• Weekly call with Region H&W Champion
• Coordinate C-Store/POD nutrition deals
• Implement current corporate H&W promotions
• Develop nutrition outreach tools, such as newsletters and handouts
• Lead >1 nutrition in-service/month
• Gather student data to gain feedback on campus nutrition trends
• Other duties as needed