ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com, and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.
In collaboration with Baylor University and other team members, The MEP Project Manager will manage projects such as additions, refurbishments, remodels, and new construction on Client properties, with significant engineering requirements.
Schematic planning through design, construction and closeout. Manage diverse group of constituents to initiate and deliver projects of high aesthetic and functional quality, with very aggressive budget and schedule parameters.
Maintenance and Plant Operations Services at one large account, 8M GSF. Total managed volume of project work of $10M - $13M. Provides direct supervision of one capital project manager, and oversight of activities related to all other project worked managed by other account managers not under the direct supervision of the Projects/Zone Support Manager. Also manages three trade foremen (HVAC, Plumbing, and Electric) and 20 hourly associates.
Conduct feasibility analysis for project requests and prepare comprehensive project budgets and coordinate technical activities on assigned projects.
Solicit and review consultant and contractor proposals.
Manage consultants and contractors to meet project parameters as contracted.
Plan, schedule, and conduct engineering, design, and management of projects.
Prepare and manage project programs, budgets, and schedules.
Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, Aramark standards, and contract requirements.
Provide technical expertise and provide creative solutions pertaining to engineering, design, and construction means, methods, and materials.
Expected to have a broad range technical engineering (mechanical, plumbing, electrical) knowledge and awareness of details in order to be able to recognize when problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
Ensure effective communication and coordination among the internal and external participants and stakeholders.
Manage collection and filing of information pertaining to planning, design, pre-construction, agency approvals, construction documentation, and closeout packages, for corporate and client records.
Working knowledge of design and construction legal documents and contractual terms and conditions.
Coordinate project activities with client departments such as facilities maintenance, Public Safety, IT, Regulatory Affairs, Events, and administrators to ensure all parties are well-informed and that work proceeds on schedule with minimal impact.
Working knowledge of health inspection review and process for dining facilities
Working knowledge of hazardous materials, identification, and remediation means & methods.
1. Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
2. Oversee preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, safety inspections, and code compliance activities.
3. Lead internal efforts to operationalize BIM across O&M functions, and coordinate those efforts with the client and corporate Engineering Services.
4. Develop planning documents for initiation of projects for approval.
5. Inspect completed work assignments to ensure satisfactory work quality.
6. Monitor all phases of planning and construction, including pre-construction conference, bid review, and award of contract.
7. Review contract plans and specifications for compliance with appropriate building codes and project requirements.
8. Oversee budget, including labor costs, supply costs, inventories, and ensures services are in agreement between Aramark and the Client.
9. Hire, guide, train, and give technical assistance to supervisors and employees engaged in plant and operations.
10. Communicate with all levels within the organization and external vendors and contractors.
11. Ability to assess and identify appropriate project resources and consultant needs across a variety of project types
12. Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to manage diverse personnel, think strategically, and delivery tactically.
13. Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
14. Construction oversight responsibilities.
15. Collaborates with the staff of facilities, physical plant, and various client appointed personnel to ensure smooth transitions for project planning through closeout and operations.
16. Maintains archival system including cataloging, scanning of documents into electronic format to be managed within electronic PM software.
Research, prepare, and present reports and presentations as requested.