Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Our Leisure group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations
- Train, manage and develop Sous Chefs and culinary staff members.
- Partner with the Executive Steward, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a kitchen setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques
- The Executive Chef will report directly to the General Manager
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the kitchen ensuring compliance of all Aramark programs, policies and procedures
- Ensure food & labor cost are in line with identified targets
- Responsible to drive growth at location through IRIs, events and catered functions
- Develop menu that is in line with corporate and client standards
- Maintain quality and consistency based on Aramark food and beverage standards
- Support core initiatives and meet or exceed purchasing compliance goals
- Ensure food quality and plate presentation that meets or exceeds standards as determined by Aramark & client
- Ensure compliance with all Food Management processes
- Responsible for compliance with the Labor Management process and all W&H policies
- Implement kitchen safety initiatives
- Develop a high performing team through successful planning, training, coaching and recruitment of employees
- Responsible for implementation of culinary skills training programs
- Responsible for the development and execution of targeted culinary programs
- Conducts employee, team and pre-shift meetings regularly
- Responsible for execution of recognition and reward programs
- Process requisitions for supplies by following the proper procedures
- Manage employee meal menu and quality of employee dining room food
- Requires at least 4 years experience and 1-3 years in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience