About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for performing a variety of food production and food service duties throughout the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Performs a variety of minor food service tasks, such as making coffee, iced tea, and other cold beverages.
- Prepares a variety of food items as assigned including deli or steam table area as well other made-to-order hot items following established guidelines.
- Performs a variety of different tasks on the patient tray line, serving line, and within the cafeteria.
- Serves food items to cafeteria customers in accordance with specific requests and in keeping with portion control.
- Portions, wraps, and labels food items for vending services.
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned work stations, serving areas, counters, floors, dish machines, trash/linen receptacles, sinks, and other equipment or fixtures used throughout the area.
- Transports and unloads patient and cafeteria carts.
- Prepares and sets up all special function items and assists in serving special breakfasts, luncheons, dinners and banquets.
- Assembles, operates, sanitizes, and disassembles the dish machine.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and rinses pots and pans.
- Operates cash register to properly show transaction of customers served, deposits cash received, and balances cash drawers.
- Receives cash box and counts for accuracy.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred. Current student considered.
- Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Foodservice Sanitation Certificate as needed
- High School diploma/GED