About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Host/Hostess position is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at the restaurant. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Hosts/Hostesses greet guests as they arrive and depart in a timely manner, always delivering exemplary customer service
- Hosts/Hostesses handle restaurant reservations by phone or in person for all guests
- Coordinate tour group dining reservations when needed
- Ensure any special services for patrons are accommodated and arranged
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations
- Accommodate guests in an organized manner ensuring optimum use of tables
- Ensure all menus are clean and in immaculate condition
- Escort guests to tables and present menus
- Ensure servers are notified immediately when their tables are occupied
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the restaurant at all times
- May be required to perform busser and cashier duties
- Work closely with the kitchen staff and servers optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Say goodbye to guests after each visit and ensure customer satisfaction by asking about their experience
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints, always polite and maintaining a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees on the role
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Will be required to work special functions
- Report to work on time and in complete and proper uniform
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: The Host/Hostess reports to the Restaurant Manager. Must have the ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures. Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, and a positive attitude. Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed.
- Should be able to work all department shifts.
- An extensive knowledge of food and beverage service
- Good customer service skills and a pleasant manner
- Good organizational skills
- 1 year prior experience in a high volume restaurant position
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well
Equipment Used: Cash Register, Printer, Telephone, Computer, POS System, and Vacuum, Cleaning Solvents Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING OCCASIONALQualifications:
- High School Degree or GED preferred. Current student considered.
- Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.