Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Manages the day-to-day operations of a satellite location within a Market Center to ensure successful implementation of the Executional Framework, the set of standards proving a consistent approach to delivering our services. Effectively manages the business to include the coordination of all daily work within route sales, service, warehouse and administrative functions as well as the coordination of key client contact. As the leader of the location he/she develops, implements and drives strategies to achieve Company objectives, effectively managing client growth and retention, labor performance and costs, safety compliance and cash and product accountability. Will complete weekly and Monthly projections and work on budget as needed. Owns relationship in conjunction with Sales and Business Development for several Key Clients. Coaches, trains and develops front line personnel and management, as applicable, to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance. Leads Service STARS and Safety culture and utilizes operations leadership skills to enhance client partnerships. Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with all functions on-site and within the Market Center. Must be willing to relocate at least regionally within 12 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains client relationships with Key Customers to grow base business and improve retention of account base. Engages with sales to pitch new business for large clients. Accountable for business reviews and key interaction with key clients within local market. Leverages the Business Development Manager and General Manager/District Manager where applicable to manage client visitation schedules for optimal sales and service performance.
- Reviews and analyzes business performance utilizing plan data and recommends decisions/approaches to address key operational opportunities and levers, including route sales growth optimization, pricing actions, product inventory and waste reduction and labor costs, which would positively impact the business.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling management staff and front line personnel to provide ongoing support and development. Leverages leadership skills to set goals and provide regular performance feedback utilizing all resources available to include work-with observations and ARAMARK’s established performance management process and tools.
- Leads the application and execution of key business initiatives to improve business performance, optimize core processes and positively influence client relationships and business opportunities.
- Drives Service STARS culture and safety leadership, and all key initiatives relating to these core values, to provide a positive Market Center environment. Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Works with District Manager and Finance manager to provide accurate weekly and monthly projections and maybe responsible for the market center line item budget. Will serve as Back up for District Manager in this area.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled. Maintains all business records, processes and documentation as required to include personnel records, delivery and invoice records, product and asset inventories, MEI/VCR data, DOT requirements, and client sales, contact and pricing communication.
- Performs other administrative and sales operations duties as required.
- Responsible for managing or directing multiple direct reports and departments as a leader working remotely from one’s direct manager or with minimal oversight.