Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Financial Controls Senior Auditor position is based in Aramark’s headquarters in Philadelphia, and will report to the Director of Financial Controls. The person will be responsible to assess the effectiveness of the internal control environment and support management’s annual assessment of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR) as required under Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act.
Role will facilitate the SOX compliance life cycle for various business processes: walkthroughs, risk assessment, scoping, implementation, deficiency evaluation, reporting and remediation. Additional core responsibilities include: communicate testing results to process owners, evaluate design effectiveness of existing controls and modify controls as needed, and plan/coordinate SOX training sessions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and recommend updates to business processes and internal controls (i.e., policies and procedures) in narrative and/or flowchart form
- Work with process owners to perform walkthroughs from initiation to recording in the financial statements to ensure business process narratives and/or flowcharts adequately document each process and its underlying controls and to ensure the design of each control is adequate and addresses the relevant risks.
- Make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes.
- Design a comprehensive test plan in accordance with Aramark ICOFR Protocol Statements, coordinate and execute testing, evaluate action plan for any required remediation of deficiencies and assist in evaluation of the significance of any deficiencies.
- Document testing results in accordance with Aramark ICOFR Protocol Statements.
- Provide assistance and act as a point of contact to Aramark’s external auditors in conjunction with ICOFR testing results.
- Perform training on internal controls and company audit standards.
- Support internal audits separate from ICOFR requirements, track action plan development and completion.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risks, or opportunities to strengthen internal compliance efforts and present recommendations for process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and ingenuity with the ability to work independently.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to particular area of accounting and/or business processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound judgment and ability to learn quickly while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO 2013, PCAOB Practice Alerts
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible audit/accounting experience is required (Big 4).
- Experience in design, implementation, monitoring and managing internal control audit plans for an SEC registrant is required.
- Possess knowledge of ICOFR Compliance best practices.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. Professional audit experience (Big 4) and CPA preferred.