Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
- Provide all general support of HR functions at the stadium or arena for Aramark operations.
- Identify best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train line managers to properly apply human resource policies and procedures within the various units.
- Work closely with the HR manager and venue leadership team to drive activities of the Talent Management Strategy (Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Performance Management, Development, Succession Planning and Retention).
- Manage the process and implementation of the following: exempt level staffing, recruitment and scheduling of hourly front line employees, training and development of front line and management employees, employee relations, coaching and counseling, retention and incentive programs, payroll, benefits, compliance and safety training.
- Manage hourly staffing including the maintenance of the application tool, sourcing applications, posting jobs, processing background checks, completing the staffing update, and sending rejection notices.
- Create and maintain the hourly job board
- Assist with College Relations efforts including classroom visits, career fairs, interviews, and Aramark sponsored recruiting events
- Create and maintain up-to-date hourly job descriptions
- Play an active role in the Aramark Accelerate to Leadership Program
New Hire Paperwork
- Responsible for producing new hire packets, managing new hire paperwork (NHP) binder, checking all completed packets for compliance, mailing any necessary forms for credit purposes(8850), and processing new hires in HRIS (People Center)
- Create and maintain an hourly on-boarding program for all new hires
- Responsible for constantly evaluating the new hire processes and providing feedback and suggestions for simplification and streamlining policies and procedures
- Assist and understand all aspects of safety including reporting procedures, record maintenance, and workers compensation
- Active participant in the venue's Safety Committee
- Help maintain and promote a Safety Incentive Program
- Assist with the development of a Safety Awareness Program
- Help maintain a positive employee relations environment by managing employee incentive programs such as employee referral and Encore! Encore! recognition.
- Understand the progressive disciplinary process and assist with policy enforcement, consistency, understanding, and file maintenance.
- Partner with the HR manager to participate and witness disciplinary sessions, employee round-tables, and investigations for your development.
- Responsibility for managing employee benefits including open enrollment, layoff periods, and inquiries regarding benefits
- Help coordinate and facilitate any training programs such as new and returning employee orientations, safety, operational, student manager, etc
Record Retention/File Maintenance
- Manage hourly active and terminated files and I-9 Forms in accordance with Aramark policies
- Process wage verifications
- Maintain Employee portion of location Communication board and facilitate payment for Spot Award nominations
- Order office supplies
- Compile unemployment information to TALX and participate in hearings
- Process all leave of absence requests including but not limited to FMLA, disability paperwork, medical and or personal LOA requests
- Maintain up-to-date phone list
- Process terminations
- Update and process changes to employee job title, wages, and/or personal information such as address and name changes
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role. Food service, hotel or hospitality experience in operations is strongly preferred.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience with a large customer service hourly employee population.
- Preferred experience in dealing with unions.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.