About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set up retail coffeehouse location to include: specialty beverages, espresso drinks, pastries, retail products and luncheon menu.
- Process guest transactions of purchased menu selections to include: ring up of sale, tender of money or processing of credit card or payroll deduction.
- Maintain coffee house retail merchandizing and service areas (i.e. – brewed and espresso beverage areas, bottled beverages, packaged snacks, condiments, and serviceware)
- Prepare and maintain fresh brewed beverage selections.
- Prepare “to order” espresso style and specialty beverage selections.
- Attend “pre-service” meeting.
- Set up and serve luncheon menu (if appropriate to location).
- Maintain cleanliness of cashier island and retail service areas during service period.
- Clean and sanitize appropriate beverage equipment.
- Clean, organize and restock cashier island and retail service areas for the next day.
- Secure venue service point at end of service period. Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling techniques, practices and guidelines.
- Complete all cash handling and reconciliation forms.
Additional Job Functions:
- Work in other areas and departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Work Environment: Front-of-house barista station. Occasionally requires the ability to work in the kitchen area and possible interaction with hot food items, heated equipment, steam, noise and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Posses good time management with daily tasks required by the management team
- Math skills for counting money and providing correct change
- Knowledge of running a cash register, and credit card machine transactions
- Experience in the food service industry as a barista (smoothie) food service worker
- Great customer service skills