About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Driver 1 employee drives a shuttle van or warehouse delivery truck or laundry truck or boat – hauling vehicle. Drivers in this position may transport supplies and other goods or transport up to 15 passengers. Drivers’ are required to operate an efficient, consistent, safe and timely service.
- Must complete a daily vehicle inspection form prior to driving
- Complete daily vehicle inspection reports with accuracy, fuel vehicles as necessary and report any damage or necessary maintenance to Transportation Manager.
- Ensure a pleasant, clean and SMOKE FREE atmosphere is maintained in the vehicle at all times
- Utilize all safety equipment available, always wear seat belt when driving
- Assist town operations with overflow transportation as needed.
- May assist with pick-ups and deliveries at various locations including the bank, post office and other destinations as assigned.
- Operate company vehicle weighing under 26,000 lbs (GVW) transporting up to 15 passengers or transporting supplies and linens to and from designated locations
- Drivers are required to drive defensively, safely and cautiously at all times and in all situations
- Often drivers are the first contact a guest may have with the company – so it is important they make an outstanding first impression
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests; to ensure a good positive representation of ARAMARK Parks and Destinations is demonstrated at all times
- Some Driver 1s’ work as shuttle drivers driving guests throughout the property and in and out of town picking up and dropping off guests at designated locations
- Drivers transporting passengers should be highly knowledgeable about ARAMARK property and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in the area
- May have to lift guest luggage weighing up to 80 lbs into the vehicle
- Fuel, clean and inspect vehicle when required, report malfunctions to Transportation Manager
- Driver 1s’ must ensure all vehicle log books are completed
- Work with Transportation Manager, ensuring any special requests and group requests are completed
- Drivers may also be assigned to work as warehouse drivers – transporting goods and supplies and making deliveries
- Drivers must understand the machinery and chemicals used
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude – always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
- Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- The Driver 1 employee reports to the Transportation Manager
- Drivers must be willing to learn about property and surrounding areas in order to educate guests that use the shuttle
- Drivers transporting passengers must be guest service focused – committed to going above and beyond to enhance the guest experience and able to lift heavy luggage or other supplies into the vehicle
- Drivers must have strong communication skills and be comfortable using the company radio for communications
- Pass Department of Transportation regulated medical exam
- Pass Road Test given by Front Line Manager
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver License
- Able to drive vehicles over 10,000 lbs.
- Over the age of 21
- Good time management
- Excellent organizational skills