Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Responsible for all labor relations and related employee relations matters in their designated region. The Director, Labor Relations will be the chief spokesperson in contract negotiations, responsible to plan for, negotiate, and implement collective bargaining agreement (cba) renewals. Proactively interacts with and advises operations managers and regional leadership on a broad range of labor relations matters, including disciplinary actions and contract administration. Will represent the Company in arbitration cases and before the National Labor Relations Board. Address union organizing activity, delivering positive employee relations training and campaign support to managers and field HR as necessary.
**Territory includes Ohio, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Indiana, IN and Wixom, MI
- Prepares for and negotiates initial and renewal labor agreements in accordance with corporate initiatives.
- Populates and navigates Excel based cost models during economic negotiations planning and preparation.
- Coordinates with local and regional operations leadership to obtain alignment on negotiations strategy and direction
- Drafts contract proposals and counterproposals as necessary prior to and during negotiations.
- Finalizes negotiations settlement and prepares a detailed Memorandum of Agreement for signature by the parties.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with union leaders
- Advises and provides oversight to grievances, arbitration cases, and unfair labor practice charges.
- Creates presentations and leads informative discussions and/or training sessions with operations leaders, HR colleagues, and Labor Relations teammates.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of company-wide practices, processes and forms.
- Collaborates to ensure legal compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Five to ten years of applicable experience in labor relations, ideally in a multi union environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study is required.
- An Advanced Degree, such as an MBA, JD or Master’s in Industrial Relations is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel more than 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability in managing all aspects of labor negotiations.
- Working knowledge and interpretation of the National Labor Relations Act.
- Solid capability in the use of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving change within an organization to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Familiarity with multiemployer health and welfare and/or pension plans a plus.