Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
Position Summary: The Dining Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of The Roosevelt Dining Room, including the selection, development and performance management of hourly and salaried employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of Dining Room supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Dining Room Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Oversee and manage all FOH areas of the restaurant
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate supply needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of supplies.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Cultivate working relationship with Executive Chef to ensure congruency between FOH and BOH
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Requires at least 2 years’ experience and 0-2 years in a management role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired