About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Ensures building is clean: restrooms, corridors, offices, trash removal, etc.
- Conserves energy by turning off lights in areas not in use to ensure economical usage of electricity
- Keeps the grounds, including mats, sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and play area, neat and clean.
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash (regular, recyclable, and other trash) and transports to designated areas.
- Wears protective equipment and follows safety procedures
- Performs projects as assigned
- Scrubs, strips, and polishes floors with floor machines
- Sprays, buffs, and vacuums with floor machines
- Washes walls, ceilings, floors, windows, and furniture as directed
- Moves furnishing and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities, and events
- Attend in-service training (e.g. blood born pathogens, cleaning solvents, floor care, First Aid, etc.) for the purpose of receiving information on new and/or improved procedures
- Shampoos carpets, furniture, and mats
- Secures the facility, ensuring building is lock/unlocked as required.
- Follows instruction from supervisors; adheres to company and component policies and procedures.
- Displays safe work practices.
- Inspects facilities to ensure site is suitable for safe operations and maintains an attractive, clean appearance.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuum, and mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, injury, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and maintaining a functioning, educational environment.
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery which may include buffers, automatic floor machines, burnishers, pressure washers, back pack vacuums, Kivacs, wet and dry vacuums, commercial vacuums, buckets, wringers, carts, hand trucks, rotos, blowers, extractors, washing machines, dryers, lifts, ladders, tools, products, chemicals, and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and Aramark support staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.