About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: Responsible for the supervision, training, and management of a Peet's Coffee and Tea shop.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Create a safe work environment
Manage food ordering, inventory, preparation and serving
Identify, and delegate responsibilities to the team
Optimize food costs through portion, purchasing, inventory and waste controls
Create and maintain operations records like inventory, food costs, delivery receiving, and employee scheduling
Ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the cafe
Recruit, interview and hire qualified applicants
Lead, manage, develop, coach and evaluate staff
Ensure all team members maintain the highest level of guest service
Interface with client representatives to fulfil catering and engagement event need
Must be passionate about both coffee and customer service
Maintain a positive attitude, smile and be polite with customers throughout the transaction
Take the customer’s order and prepare the order according to brand specifications and the customer requests
Effectively and efficiently complete the financial transaction while engaging with the customer
Distribute and post marketing materials as required
Adhere to additional standards set by designated brand
Proper use of station machinery and equipment
Cleaning and close down of the café as directed
Assist management team with administrative functions and daily food prep during down times
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production records.
- Direct daily activities.
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure that all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May prepare orders as needed per vendor to ensure accurate production for location.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating an efficient cost effective program.
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment.
- Train/mentor other food service workers.
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the food service department.
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist.
- Justify replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Food Service Director whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
- Must fill in for absent employees at location as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of daily caterings and see they are prepared and delivered on time.
- Be able to work occasional night and weekend catered events.
- Attend food service meetings with staff.
- Maintain communication with staff (including the central office staff, e-mail, phone calls, inter-office mail, etc).
- May perform cashier duties as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills