About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Job Summary: Floor Care Workers perform a variety of floor care and cleaning duties as well as some transporting duties throughout the facility.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers. Is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs.
- Understands the principles of hard surface floor maintenance and uses proper procedures on hard floor care (stripping & refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing).
- Utilizes automated floor cleaning equipment according to schedule for cleaning of large area of floor surface.
- Uses the proper procedures on carpet and upholstering (shampooing, damp surface, extractions, spot cleaning, vacuuming, etc.).
- Operates the industrial floor care equipment as assigned.
- Performs maintenance and restorative processes for all floor surface types.
- Removes trash, recyclables, soiled linen, used supplies and equipment from assigned work area. Disinfects receptacles and carts as needed.
- Cleans the public areas utilizing Aramark standards.
- Understands and operates all types of equipment necessary for project work or Operating Room procedures.
- Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred. Current student considered.
- Knowledge of floor care equipment and use is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
**This is a full time position up to 37.5 hrs per week.
**This is a late second shift position (6pm to 2am)
**This position must come on board with previous STRONG documented floor tech skills and abilities..... Including cleaning knowledge of various hard surfaces, tiles/stone care, carpets, wood, & laminate as well as a vast knowledge of industry standard chemical usage for each, and wide variety of prior experience with multiple types of floor care equipment.
**Strong safety awareness is a must as well as an ability to be able to work as a both self supervised, and as part of a cohesive team.
**Medical insurance available ....also-Dental/Vision
**Paid personal time off
**Free Meals, uniforms, parking
**Yearly incentive program