About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Perform maintenance duties such as cut grass and trim weeds using hand mower or power driven lawn mower, weed trimmer and brush cutter.
- Perform other assigned duties related to the maintenance of Lake Powell National golf course.
- Perform safe and efficient operation of all boilers that furnish steam for hospital heating and cooling and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform, supervise and instruct inmates in the maintenance and repair of steam boilers which includes the following: repair to refractory and brick work inside boilers; repair to water blow down valves; inspect safety or relief valves for proper operation and pressure settings; inspect and repair feed water pumps, which includes anything from replacing pump packing to complete rotating elements; inspect and repair fuel oil pumps and fuel oil heater; inspect and replace packing in numerous high-pressure steam valves and replacing valves as needed; inspect and repair air compressors, including complete overhaul if necessary.
• Perform, supervise, and instruct in the maintenance and repair of all auxiliary equipment, which includes pumps, water level controls, lube oil filtering systems, oil pumps, lube oil coolers and numerous steam valves.
• Inspect and clean strainers on return steam lines to plant.
• Participates in the proper operating procedures of the three diesel gensets; to ensure generators are brought on-line, in the case the system is not operating automatically under emergency situations.
• Responsible for receiving assigned inmates from the Department of Corrections on a daily basis; ensuring their safety until their return to the Department of Corrections.
• Responsible for the teaching of safety rules to all assigned inmates regarding the use of all equipment.
• Responsible for all documentation, reports and forms relating to all inmate incidences.
• Perform building maintenance which includes maintenance and repair to hot and cold water lines going to bathroom and kitchen, heat for building and minor drain stoppage.
• Responsible for providing minor electrical motor repair, and minor carpentry work on building.
• Respond to all after-hours and weekend service request calls, making necessary repairs to systems located in the administrative, civil and forensic buildings.
• Follow rules and procedures of the Department of Corrections, including the searches of assigned vehicles, equipment and daily work areas for contraband.
• Follow polices and procedures of Aramark and Florida State Hospital.
• Perform related duties as necessary.
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaw, etc)
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs
- Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions
- Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and extreme weather
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a Class “E” Driver’s License.
- Prefer three to five years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of low pressure boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Two to three years’ experience in maintenance and repair of buildings to include electrical, carpentry and plumbing type work.