About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The cashier position is vital to achieving positive customer service and is responsible for successfully completing the transaction with the customer and maintaining the accurate records at all times.
Essential Tasks And Responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and smile
- Greet customers as they approach, and be polite with customers during the transaction
- Maintain an organized, neat and clean station
- Must have knowledge of cash register, credit card machines, and Aramark cashier policy in order to effectively service the customer
- Must be familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete transactions and answer questions from customers
- Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
- Distribute promotional material and customer loyalty rewards as necessary
- Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
- Assist with daily functions such as sweep and mop floors, cleaning tables and countertops, maintain windows and sneeze guards in food court or dining room during down time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- High School Degree or GED preferred. Current student considered.
- Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.