Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
- Provide all general support and leadership of HR functions in a multi-unit capacity: Lake Crescent Lodge, Log Cabin Resort, Sol Duc Hot Springs, Hurricane Ridge and Lake Quinault Lodge
- Identify best practices and organizational efficiencies, as well as coach and train line managers to properly apply human resource policies and procedures within the unit.
- Manage the process and implementation of the following: workforce planning in a seasonal environment, recruitment, employee relations, retention, turnover, diversity & inclusion, college relations and safety
- All HR aspects of the business operating plans; attracting & selecting talent, on-boarding & off-boarding process, retaining talent, training and training effectiveness
- Work closely with the Leadership team to drive elements of the Talent Management Strategy (Talent Acquisition, On boarding, Performance Management, Development, Succession Planning and Retention).
- Human Resources Manager will utilize solid business acumen to assertively partner with the management team regarding HR, Staffing, ER/LR, policies/procedures, compliance and general management topics.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining extraordinary levels of service through a high level of influence, execution and prioritizing of duties.
- Responsible for International & Domestic recruitment strategy and coordination. Partnering with our preferred vendors.
- Responsbile for employee housing and recreations
- The Human Resources Manager will also ensure that all employees working are being treated fairly and correctly under the federal and state guidelines that have been set and that all employees have been trained properly according to corporate, state and federal guideline
- Direct report, Assistant Human Resource Manager - Seasonal position
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role required.
- Human Resource experience must include specific employment and recruiting experience.
- Experience in a Convention Center, Stadium or Arena environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired.
- Preferred experience in dealing with unions.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.