Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Aramark IT Digital & Consumer Technologies team is currently seeking a Senior Hybris Developer with passion and drive to support iCare Gifts, the Aramark Corrections eCommerce platform.
iCare is a major component of growth within the Corrections retail business. It enables friends and family members of inmates in the facilities we service to order food, snack and personal care items which are delivered to them within the correctional facility. The current eCommerce platform operates in over 110 facilities. We have recently implemented the Hybris platform with new functionality to enable growth and new customer marketing opportunities, and all existing sites will be transitioning to the new platform.
The position will require experience in software development, managing timely completion of deliverables assigned, demonstrated knowledge and application of structured SDLC techniques, expertise in Hybris development and the ability to create & communicate technical specifications derived from specific business requirements. It is expected that the majority of the workload will consist of software development.
This role will be partnering closely with the marketing and retail teams within the Corrections business to execute strategic decisions, optimize customer experience and continue growing the iCare platform which has been deemed a big bet within Corrections leadership.
- Design, develop, and perform unit testing and quality assurance of new features and functionality requested.
- Implement enterprise code scalable to support high volume consumer visits and transactions.
- Develop task/project estimates and project schedules.
- Provide application software / maintenance support.
- Configure, manage, monitor, and debug software (Apache, Tomcat, Solr, Hybris platform)
- Diagnose integration and performance problems and implement long-term solutions.
- Document, report, track and implement fixes for any issues.
- Follow SDLC, project management and application governance practices to ensure consistent quality and timely delivery of all technical solutions.
- Provide accountability to all commitments made by Aramark and drive to exceed all client expectations.
Reports to IT Manager for Development & QA within the Digital & Consumer Technologies team. Works closely with others across the IT, Marketing, and Operations organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a similar discipline is required.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience including 3+ years of development or implementation of complex Hybris projects.
- Prior extensive experience with Java web applications development.
- Solid experience with Java, J2EE, and JSP. Practical experience using application frameworks like Spring and Hibernate. Strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Prior experience developing B2C and B2B eCommerce platforms within large corporate environments preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in the development and maintenance of enterprise-level systems.
- Deep understanding of Hybris platforms and frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with stakeholders and business process owners
- Solid understanding of eCommerce solutions based on Java and web technologies
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications using tomcat
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Requires 5-10 years of related IT experience within a technical discipline.
- BA/BS degree is preferred.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of requirement specification, design, coding, structure, operation and testing of information systems.
- Demonstrates proficiency with one or more technology environments, and the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts efficiently.
- Strong enthusiasm for computer science, problem solving, and technology.
- Participate in testing of applications, engaging users as necessary.