About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: As the Culinary Supervisor you will be responsible for food production in your kitchen(s), reporting directly to the Catering Chef and the Executive Chef..
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Reviewing, adjusting, and completing inventory with the Catering Chef and Executive Chef . Ensuring accuracy and completion of the inventory and ensuring adequate supplies and products are on hand.
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, service and storage sanitation principles.
- Direct food preparation in accordance with established standard of quantity, quality control, taste and presentation
- Operational oversight with a hands on leadership style, with competencies of all areas of the food operation
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Support the culinary department in ensuring compliance with health requirements, Health Department regulations, and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to the operation
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality)
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals
- Communicating with internal departments and attending meetings as appropriate
- Assist with identifying and rectifying hazardous situations and eliminating risk to the company; taking safety precautions as necessary
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with Aramark policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as applicable government, regulatory and/or accrediting agency standards and codes
- Tasks & Responsibilities:
Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations.
Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
Review monthly menu and ensure that food items are ordered.
- Must read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Must complete a sanitation course either before or during first year as a lead
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to resolve interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills