The Vice President, Strategic Partnerships will manage a portfolio of existing client accounts across the Aramark food and facilities businesses. This role will work within a highly matrixed internal management and front-line operations structure in order to understand client aspirations and to identify risk, opportunities for service expansion and pro-active contract extension or renewals. Responsibilities include the formal application of a strategic account management process, plan compliance, client presentations including business reviews, client relationship development and ensuring Aramark wiring is high, wide, and deep within the client organization. This is a senior level executive position with industry-leading financial rewards for top performance. The VP of Strategic Partnerships will report directly to the VP of Sales and Client Engagement for North America.
The VP of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Neutralize risk and leverage client relationships in the interest of account retention and base business growth
- Obtain an understanding of clients’ goals and objectives to support the development of unique service solutions with the application of Aramark’s market-leading resources.
- Develop and implement mutually successful strategies for existing client partnerships, assuring alignment with each institution’s mission.
- Identify and develop enhancements and extensions to existing lines of service that leverage the core competencies, while achieving a positive return on investment for the client and Aramark.
- Utilize consistent tools and protocols for proposals and presentations that enhance sales and retention efforts.
- Lead and participate in LAMP and Major Pursuit Processes with cross lines of business and functional leaders
- Develop internal approval documents for renewals
- Create and provide insights on lead generation, measures, and accountability platform.
- Support and leverage right to win models.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, MBA or Master’s preferred.
- B2B sales and operations experience in a services business, including strategic account development of new customer accounts, providing business solutions based on customer needs and client/ market environment.
- Computer knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications as well as SFC
- Ideal candidate will have strategic account sales experience from Business Process Outsourcing Firms, Service Industries, or multi-national companies; combined with corporate experience in a strategic development, global business development or similar type role.
- Experience with large clients selling multiple services/solutions required.
- Expertise with a demonstrated, quantifiable record of progressively increasing responsibility in a sales function
- Proven ability to take strategy from the concept stage to operational implementation, particularly in a role of influence across organizational structures.
- Strong and dynamic presentation skills; persuasive communication with C-level client contacts.
- Experience with leading a team of high performance sales professionals in addition to being an individual contributor at the C-suite level.
- Solid understanding of marketplace trends & implications within a service industry/provider.
- Ability to travel: 50%
Drives for Results: Focuses on end result and does the right thing
- Demonstrates a passion for results and drives to exceed expectations
- Takes action to proactively resolve issues and drive improvements
- Analyzes and synthesizes data to access situations and find actionable solutions
Thinks Strategically: Focuses on the future and creates direction
- Understands long-term business and financial implications of day-to-day decisions
- Looks “around the corner” for opportunities and obstacles
- Shows an understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization
Influences with Impact: Influences through action and communicates effectively
- Articulates a compelling agenda and direction that inspires others to follow
- Navigates complex situations by leveraging networks to gain alignment
- Ensures targeted, timely and situation-appropriate communication to all stakeholders
Takes Action: Plays offense and moves with speed
- Maintains focus and overcomes obstacles to meet goals and commitments
- Provides clear and specific accountabilities and monitors progress against achieving goals
- Quickly and effectively responds to customer problems or team issues
Raises the Bar: Takes smart risks and sets high expectations
- Establishes and sets contexts for logical, clear and aggressive individual and team priorities
- Develops effective contingency plans to address risks
- Accepts responsibility and learns from mistakes or failures