Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The marketing team at Aramark consists of talented professionals focused on building a strong brand and driving profitable growth. Through repeatable business models that leverage insights and innovation, Aramark marketers develop our brand through strategies, concepts, programs and practices that engage our consumers “at the moment of truth” – where we serve over 2 billion meals each year at workplaces, schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, sports & entertainment venues and other locations around the country and the world.
Health & Wellness plays a key role in supporting the Aramark Brand and Aramark’s mission of creating experiences that enrich and nourish lives. Aramark’s Healthy for Life® (HFL) brand and related H&W initiatives focus on empowering healthy choices with dining programs that make it easy to eat well and nutrition and wellness programs that create an environment of health & well-being for consumers in the locations we serve, as well as for our employees and communities.
Manager, Health & Wellness Programs and Practices
The Manager, H&W Programs and Practices is responsible for leading development and ongoing management of health, wellness and nutrition related programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops and manages health, wellness and nutrition related marketing programs and enabling processes/ systems in support of Aramark’s Healthy for Life brand, Feed Your Potential campaign and related initiatives.
- Communicates internally, actively engaging across marketing & sales teams, business units, operations, employee benefits/HR and other Aramark functional groups in support of health/nutrition programs and policies.
- Communicates externally, serving as a visible expert and ambassador representing Aramark’s health, wellness and nutrition programs:
- To clients, as part of strategic sales, retention and client engagement initiatives, and
- To a broad range of other external partners, suppliers, industry groups and stakeholders.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) advising the company on health, wellness and nutrition related trends, advancements and best practices as well as issues management and regulatory matters.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Aramark menu, culinary and other operating support systems, processes and technologies essential to enabling health, wellness and nutrition programs/best practices.
This position will report directly to Aramark’s Associate Vice President, Health & Wellness as part of the Health & Wellness team within the Marketing group. The position will also work closely with the marketing operations team, as well as culinary and culinary systems, food & beverage development team, sales/growth, I.T., safety & risk, legal, operations and other Aramark functional experts and Line of Business personnel.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience and Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
The successful candidate will possess a Master of Science in Nutrition and be a Registered Dietitian and member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- 4+ years of experience working in the field of clinical nutrition/dietetics in a food service related position in addition to;
- 4+ years of experience in health, wellness and nutrition related program development and/or project management with demonstrated project management/program development experience across a variety of initiatives (Marketing related program development experience a strong plus)
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate health, wellness and nutrition program content to simple and direct written/verbal presentation formats (e.g., ability to create a broad range of marketing, sales, B2B, B2C communication tools/content)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Very strong project management skills with ability to lead complex projects.
- Strong problem solver with ability to assess challenges and develop solutions using available resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead across functional groups with team members of varying technical backgrounds.
- Resourceful; able to juggle multiple tasks.
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated; able to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to understand broader company & project/program strategy and to prioritize and manage projects accordingly.
- A quick study—adaptable/able to learn on-the-go to support projects/programs across a wide range of initiatives.
- Able to work with and influence a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise.
- Strong value system, integrity & respect always
- Team Player/Strong collaborator
- Strong Work ethic and results-orientation; Highly motivated/“Can do” Positive Attitude
- Highly Organized; Able to deal with multiple projects, effectively cope with change
- Ability to travel to client or other locations.
- Strong Computer Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required to produce broad range of marketing support materials