Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Chef Manager is responsible for all aspects of food production, food safety, and all other activities which support food quality and Aramark's Operational Excellence Food Management Process. This role works with each K-12 campus location's food service personnel to improve preparation techniques, menu management, purchasing controls, food presentation, meat participation initiatives and reduction of food costs. The role supports training and developmenet of campus-based personnel as it relates to the knowledge and understanding of all aspects of food production following USDA's Child Nutrition Programs regulations.
This position is a key supporter to the client's culinary arts and food service management student programs and will work directly with the administrators of such programs to ensure Aramark has a solid partnership of providing a career path for interested students.
As the Chef Manager, you will be the lead culinary person who is responsible for overseeing all of the culinary operations for this site.
- Ensure quality, consistency and adherence to standards based on ARAMARK'S Education and Global Operational Excellence Food Management Process. Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Maintain compliance with the requirements of Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines. Maintain all records and reportsnecessary to comply with ARAMARK, governmnet, and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure compliance to Aramark's food safety, sanitation, and overall occupational workplace safety standards by maintaining a work environmentwhere no one gets hurt
- Act as ServSafe Certification Trainer for front line associatesas well as the trainer of Aramark's enhanced food safety standards along with the support of the company's third party assurance partner and local health department.
- Supervise, train and maintain process of food production, preparation, presentation, quality, and cost control to ensure that a consistent product is produced which conforms to all established standards. Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met at the front line level.
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing trhough the software production system, meal acceptabilty, inventory, ordering, generation of food production sheets and standardized recipes.
- Drive custsomer satisfaction, and maintain client relationships through professionalism. conduct ongoing evaluations and investigate complaints while providing recommendations to improve service and quality.
- Support all Aramark brands and promotional standards while also creating local promotions to highlight the partnership, improve meal participation, employee morale and to involve students and customers in our day-to-day business. Provide demonstration cooking as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective community relations through the component's community outreach plans to educate and connect with parents and community leaders, coordinate activities and education within the community.
- Participate in appropriate food service committee meetings, student focus groups and client's Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) activities. Present to various partners through meetings, formal presentation and or demonstration cooking
- Oversee catering and special events within the department. May also provide culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques through client's Culinary Arts and/or Food Service Management student programs. Partner with key administrators to provide career education support through student development.
- Partner with the Region's Culinary Center of Excellence Program; train employees on proper process and procedures to meet Culinary Center of Excellence standards and maintain accountability for excellence at all levels.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the front line manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Ideal candidates will possess 2-3 years of post High School education, preferably a culinary degree, and two to three years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession.
- This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems. Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.