About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The Alcohol Compliance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the sale and service of alcoholic beverages is in compliance with applicable laws and the Sports & Entertainment Alcohol Service Policy (the “Policy”).
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Hold pre-event meetings with the General Manager and other Alcohol Compliance personnel to include reviewing the requirements of the Policy, including without limitation the related procedures, processes and documentation.
- Observe sale and service of alcoholic beverages by servers, including:
- Compliance with the portion limits;
- Compliance with the per transaction serving limits;
- Compliance with proper identification procedures;
- Compliance with prohibition on service to a “visibly intoxicated ” person;
- Compliance with prohibition on service to minors;
- Confirmation that required signage is displayed at each point-of-sale where alcoholic beverages are served;
- Compliance with hours of service and sales cutoff times;
- Coordinate with venue security and local law enforcement when required;
- Notify management when any violation of the Policy is observed and cooperate fully with any related investigation;
- Assist as necessary with the coordination and facilitation of the “Mystery Shopping” program required by the Policy
- Ensure completion of all Alcohol Compliance documentation for an event as required by the Policy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Job Functions:
- This position reports directly to the Designated Alcohol Compliance Manager at the venue.
- Ability to maintain calm and professional demeanor in challenging environments.
- Must be able to stand, walk & maneuver through crowds for entire shift
- Must be able to read & understand accepted photo ID forms (Passport, Military ID, State ID Card, Drivers’ License)
- Active training certification from TIPS, TEAM or state-approved program or able to obtain these or other locally required certifications
- Must be able to comparatively identify valid vs. false ID
- Must be able to approach / intervene with guests comfortably, including in challenging situations
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Ability to follow directions, instructions, and diagrams
- Ability to work with a cohesive team
- Ability to react and adapt to necessary and unforeseen changes
- Ability to adapt to changes in work demands with changes in event schedules.
- Requires good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Preferred at least 1 year in supervisory role
- Preferred at least 1 year experience in alcoholic beverage service
- Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
- Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
- Adding Machine
Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility in limited space
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with customers, supervisors and other employees
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community