About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The marketing coordinator will assist in marketing plan development, social media, meal plan / declining balance sales, and research. This position is full time.
Reports to Marketing Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Marketing Major or Marketing Focus, Strong Communication Skills, Creativity, Financial Analysis, Social Media Marketing, Computer Skills, Basic Graphic Design, Effective Multi-Tasking, Sales
- Must be willing to work between multi locations and requires their own transportation to travel between locations
- Assists the Marketing Manager in driving participation, traffic and sales in residential and retail locations through development and execution of events and promotions, working with foodservice staffs to insure implementation, and the post-activity analysis.
- Is an active participant on the Food Service Advisory Board or Food Service Committee.
- Acts as an ambassador for Dining Services plans, leads, and participates in dining events and meal plan sales and declining balance campaigns, helping to conduct secret shops and focus groups; providing general, informal solicitation of student feedback; and supporting the business office.
- Creates and maintains a content calendar by integrating Aramark’s goals; developing a strategy that is clear, concise, and meaningful; implementing measurable programs; and working closely with Aramark's marketing leadership.
- Conducts research for various projects throughout the academic year, including data collection regarding traffic patterns, competitive analysis, catering, and retail, customer service surveys, intercept surveys, and DiningStyles surveys.
- Creates and maintains a content editorial calendar by integrating Aramark’s goals, developing a strategy that is clear, concise, and meaningful in social media terms, implementing measurable programs, and working closely with Aramark’s marketing leadership.
- Communicates exciting social media news (internal and external) by contributing minute-by-minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, and being a mediator.
- Monitors and engages on various social media platforms by identifying threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, then reporting to appropriate parties.
- Analyzes campaigns and translates anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Tracks website data to help form advocacy designed to implement data-driven decisions that assist in the marketing and financial well-being of Aramark as it relates to social media.
- Collaborates with unit managers and District Marketing Manager to write the annual Account Growth Plan and assists with the Strategic Update & Performance Review.
- Works with and influences peer to peer groups/coordinators to grow meal plan sales.
- Sources customized templates to create consistent campus-wide signage and ensures appropriate menu signage in place each day. Implementation of national templates and programs will be used at length.
- Creates promotion calendars and is responsible for updating all web-based tools and social media. Works with operations team to execute all Execution Excellence initiatives.
- Responsible and accountable for the results entered into Meal Plan Analytics database.
- Measures results of marketing programs and gaining customer feedback.
- Interacts and builds strong relationships with all levels of clients and customers, as well as internal Aramark teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Influences in complex decision-making processes, as appropriately, pertaining to the marketing function.
- Ensures participation in DiningStyles and “Your Voice Counts” and presents results at team and client meetings each semester.
Leadership Competencies Refer to ARAMARK Leadership Competency Guide for details on Behavior Levels
Business Acumen - Demonstrates understanding of business principles. General knowledge of Microsoft, Graphic Design, and working in Social Media
Leveraging Differences - Seeks to leverage different working styles to accomplish the best possible business results; Actively seeks and considers diverse perspectives
Organizational Collaboration - Cooperates as a team member and collaborates with others
Disciplined Execution - Manages multiple priorities and tasks; Takes initiative
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Great communication skills both written and oral
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment promote team work
- Effective sales and presentation skills are also required