Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The main responsibility of our cooks is to produce menu items in a timely matter. These items must meet these standards; freshness, flavor, and appealing presentation. These standards will be met by following provided recipes and production worksheets. Safety and sanitation policies must be followed always. This full-time position is 2:30pm-10:30pm (Sunday- Thursday)
Position will follow school schedule and will go on temporary layoff periods throughout the school year.
Essential Duties, Tasks, & Responsibilities:
• Prepare all menu selections using recipes and production worksheets.
• Complete production worksheets with accurate information
• Must be Serve Safe Certified within 6 months of employment.
• Maintain FIFO rotation of product to assure quality and freshness.
• Any leftover product must be properly cooled and stored following Aramark policies.
• Maintain clean and organized work area with a clean as you go approach.
• Restock drawers with small wares and other items as needed for production.
• Follow closing responsibilities list to complete all tasks designated to your station.
• Participate in lean path to monitor and reduce waste.
• Maintain a safe work environment, attending preservice meetings, and conducting yourself in a professional manner.
• Completes all required training
• Perform other task requested by Management.
• High school education or equivalent experience preferred
• Minimum of two-years cooking experience in high volume food service location.
• Working knowledge of food safety, advance knife skills, temperature control, and sanitation is required.
• Must be able to communicate and express yourself in a polite and respectful manner.
• Must be able to work in a diverse environment