Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: The Food Prep Worker is responsible for assisting cooks, chefs, or food service managers by preparing ingredients for recipes and performing other food preparation and service tasks. The Food Prep Worker should prepare food according to recipes and production guidelines while adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Prepares a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in food prep or food service related work preferred
- Knowledge of various food prep methods, proper knife handling, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage preferred
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.