About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Marketing Center of Excellence at Aramark is charged with building strong brands and driving profitable growth. Through repeatable business models that leverage insights and innovation, Aramark marketers help build base business, new business, and client retention through strategies, concepts, programs and practices that engage consumers “at the moment of truth” – where we serve over 2 billion meals each year at workplaces, schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, sports & entertainment venues and other locations around the country and the world.
In this role, you’ll support the development of breakthrough innovation for our café portfolio and overall marketing management for the brand utilized in cafés across the enterprise with a strong focus on developing and executing an end-to-end solution.
This position will enhance insights driven, consumer-centric innovation with Aramark, a critical priority for the company. We seek a proactive, forward looking leader to oversee the development/repositioning of our proprietary café brand.
The Director will need the capacity to lead multiple areas of focus at the same time, and must be comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, where more needs to be done with less, and quickly. It is expected that this role is a doer as well as a thinker, who does not settle for the expected and conventional, but works to push ideas beyond the norm.
The Director needs to be passionate about food and the food landscape, have a strong understanding of consumer macro trends and the evolving dining away from home needs of today’s consumer and be obsessed with providing consumers with a high quality dining experience that will drive guest satisfaction within our locations as well as position Aramark as a leader in the premium dining industry.
The Brand Director is part of Aramark’s broader Brand Management and Innovation team and be responsible for:
- Strategy/Planning: Support the development of Aramark brand strategy with priority on the creation and ongoing brand management of a proprietary cafe brand. Complete an annual marketing plan with strategies and tactics to refine and enhance the brand and drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Insights: Identify consumer, competitive, category, business unit, and operator insights to assess the opportunity for Aramark’s proprietary branded offering. Work in conjunction with the Aramark Insights Team to field consumer and other insights work. Leverage a variety of data-gathering tools and information assets—trends, consumer segmentation, market structure, consumer wants/behavior/attitudes, qualitative research, competitive benchmarking, personal observation. Utilize insights and analytics ongoing for management, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Brand Development: Support the creation, repositioning, and/or refresh of the cafe brand including brand positioning, visual identity, environment/trade dress, etc. Support the management all aspects of the development and on-going management with Global Operating Excellence including initial training materials, roll-out plans, and sales/operations tools development. Oversee continuous innovation for the brand.
- Project Management: Lead cross-functional teams, including product development/menu, supply chain, environment, operations, OpX, finance, IT, corporate communications, business units, etc. to develop, launch, assess and continuously improve the brand.
- Program Management: Lead development of key programs, promotions, and other related projects for the brand and ongoing yearly activation programs that support the brand.
- Brand Transition: Develop process and work with Aramark business units to determine transition plan of current branded offerings into new model.
- Measurement: Determine brand KPIs and success measures. Track and report initiative results against these objectives while managing the budget and other project management duties (e.g., timelines, project plans, program administration, etc.)
- Business Unit Support: Service program support requests from field marketing and account leadership.
- MCOE Support: Act as brand steward for corporate brand Aramark - ensuring continual growth and support of the master brand value proposition. Evangelize culture of innovation and continuous improvement and with each commercial success, leverage the momentum.
This position will report to the AVP Brand Management Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree/MBA preferred
- 5+ Years Leading End-to-End Customer Strategy in Retail Restaurant
- Experience building teams and marketing capabilities
- Strong project management experience, including stage gate process management
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including strong writing and presentation skills.
- Comfortable influencing highest levels of an organization and managing individuals in and outside of the direct reporting structure; ability to interface with all levels of employees, including executives, in a fast-paced team environment
- highly developed consultative and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office