About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Performs semiskilled and unskilled manual tasks related to the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds, equipment, and appliances. Work assignments may be assisting any of the mechanical building trades.
- Follows instructions of journeyman’s maintenance technicians instructions
- Practices, processes, and use of materials used in building and machinery maintenance, and construction
- Apply practices common to building, maintenance, and construction
- Perform semi-skilled tasks involved in assisting a journey-level worker in the various trades
- Learn various testing methods of industrial maintenance
- Learn general and specialized software applications
- Makes minor repairs to and installs equipment or small as directed
- Safely operates common hand and machine tools in installation, maintenance, repair, and refinishing work.
- Disassembles and assembles, cleans and sands, and otherwise prepares equipment, fixtures, or appliances for repair, overhaul and/or refinishing.
- Performs heavy labor and semiskilled manual tasks involved in helping journey-level workers in a variety of crafts.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance.
- May operate power equipment such as trucks, lifts, skip loaders, pneumatic tools, saws, drills, sanders, and other items.
- Work in more than one trade area, as directed
- Possess a minimum of two year full-time experience involving the Industrial maintenance and/or repair of buildings, equipment, appliances, or grounds using hand or small power tools.
- Achieve a minimum of 70% correct answers on a standardized General Building maintenance knowledge test.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in process-driven industrial maintenance Painting position.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good eyesight, hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good physical health, strength and stamina
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a team.
- Technical Mechanical Skills/aptitude
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications
- Knowledge of equipment safe operating procedures
- Ability to understand and apply industry standards for installation, repairs and safety
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment
- Ability to operate computer-based equipment
- Familiarity with computerized IWMS/CMMS work order process
- Adaptability to work in a diverse environment, focusing on customer satisfaction under high-stress conditions, and organize an effective response to day-to-day requirements, and one-of-a-kind extremes
- Communications skills that invite credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment among key stakeholders in operations, critical facilities, events, and line supervisors
- Responsiveness to supervisory direction, productivity, quality and commitment
- Administrative coordination, regarding job assignments, productivity, time management
- Knowledge of the operating practices of preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to learn maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skills in using predictive maintenance techniques and simplified root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to non-technical or production operators.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.