Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: Guest Service Agents are the first line of communication for guests. The front desk is the hub of all communication for the property. Guest Service Agents establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort. GSA’s are attentive and always willing to answer questions, resolve guest issues, communicate guest needs to other departments, and reserve rooms and tour activities on the property management system. GSA’s should be highly knowledgeable about the property and surrounding areas. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, a strong dedication to customer service, and a positive and friendly attitude.
Greet all guests upon arrival at the front desk and/or retail area
Check guests in and out & prepare for next day arrivals
Program keys and make key packets
Confirm reservations for rooms, tours and activities
Sell and make reservations for rooms, tours and activities
Handle cash, traveler's checks and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
Must be proficient in counting money, providing guests with change whenever needed
Must ensure daily sales from department go into the safe
Log calls and communicate messages to guests
Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere at front desk and lobby areas at all times
Ensure maintenance, walk-ins and upgrade logs are completed
Run correct occupancy and emergency reports
Effectively communicate with guests, employees, tour directors and vendors to ensure all guests receive prompt and courteous service
Take charge when upper management/supervisors are unavailable and unforeseen complications (bad weather, cancellations, etc. arise)
Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
Diplomatically handle guest complaints always be polite and maintain a professional manner
Effectively interpret and disseminate information in group and individual settings
Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
Learn and use Springer Miller property management system and Microsoft Office programs
Prepare and sell coffee drinks, ice cream, and other convenience items
Sell gift shop merchandise and handle returns
Rent and assist guests in boats - includes pushing boats out into the water
Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Empties trash and recycling located around the location
- Responsible for cleaning projects assigned by management.
- Maintains quality assurance by reporting/handling issues and guest complaints according to standard processes.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by manager during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by managers for each department during EMS training.
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Operations Manager
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written
- Computer literate in MS Office programs; some experience with property management systems preferred
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Willingness to gain a good understanding of location and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on all activities and amenities offered
Computer, Fax, Calculator, Printer, POS System, Photocopier
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)