About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Sushi Cook is responsible for assisting the Sushi Chef in the preparation and cooking of sushi and Japanese style food according to the production guidelines and recipes.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and follows posted schedule and location uniform policies
- Sets up, maintains, and breaks down work stations according to location standard
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station at all times
- Use knife to cut, dice, and slice food items
- Use of "sushi robots" (semi-automatic machines) to roll and slice sushi
- Use of small equipment such as robo-coupes, slicers, ovens, steamers, tilt skillets, grills, griddles
- Use of a cut resistant glove when cutting any item
- Knowledge of food product and ingredients - including vegetarian, vegan, made without gluten
- Follow HACCP during all stages of production - especially time and temperature standards
- Completes daily temperature logs for food and coolers/freezers
- Maintains and completes accurate food waste log and production sheets
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Follows W.E.S.T. model of customer service at all times
- Completes daily, weekly, and monthly master cleaning schedule tasks
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Serve Safe Certification
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Food service experience
- High school education or equivalent
Work Environment: Most often works in front-of-house. Requires frequent
lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise, chemicals and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.