Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Sous Chef is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
- Leadership - Ensure food offerings connect to the Executional Framework. Ensure consistent standards and techniques are applied to the preparation and presentation of food items. Manages and trains kitchen employees. Coach employees by creating shared understanding about what to be achieve and how it is to be achieved. Reward and recognize employees. Plan and execute daily huddles. Complete and maintain all staff records including training records, shift opening/closing checklists and performance data.
- Client Relationship - Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship. Communicate on-site consumer and local competitor insights.
- Financial Performance - Responsible for delivering food and labor targets.
- Productivity - Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through managing customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems, ensure only authorized suppliers are used. Full knowledge and implementation of the Food Framework. Estimate accurate food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with Aramark SAFE food, occupational and environmental safety polices in culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
Other duties and responsibilities include but are not to the following:
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of culinary trends and use them where appropriate
- Oversee and support line cooks in synchronizing food procurement and other food preparation tasks, ensuring labor and cost control goals are not exceeded, following written schedule
- Read and follow recipes – prepare and cook hot and cold food items
- Ensure there are daily sufficient prepped foods to ensure the restaurant runs efficiently
- Prepare and plate final food products ensuring an attractive presentation is achieved
- Ensure all food orders are completed in an efficient manner
- Order and receive food product from vendors – check in by item on invoice and input in receiving log
- Assist in conducting food and beverage inventories – note any out of stock items or possible shortages
- Ensure proper handling of all food products and equipment is maintained, to ensure food safety and kitchen standards are adhered to at all times
- Schedule labor according to budget guidelines – ensuring all employee schedules are kept updated
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Ensure cleanliness and high sanitation standards are maintained at all times
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef or related culinary position is preferred, working in a high volume kitchen or equivalent schooling
- Must have an extensive knowledge of cooking methods, cooking line, banquets, catering and pastry
- Candidate will possess two to three years of post-high school education, preferably a culinary degree
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession is required; this includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems and excellent oral, reading and written communication skills
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role
- Solid supervisory, organizational and time management skills are required
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Outlook applications required, with an emphasis on excel
Oven, Mixer, Grill, Steamer, Calculator, Dishwasher, Cutlery, Telephone, Chef Knives
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.