Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Stable Guide/Packer (Wrangler)
- The Guide/ Packer is responsible for giving guided interpretative horseback rides to the Park Visitors. In addition to giving rides, the Guide/ Packer is responsible for ensuring the proper care and handling of horses at all times.
- Provide courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Guide day rides and overnight pack trips
- Groom and saddle horses and mules daily
- Clean corrals and stable yard area
- May be required to fill in at other stable units as needed
- Assist in transporting livestock to and from winter pastures
- Assure the safety of animals and guests through rides, which may include administering First Aid/CPR
- Feed, (which includes putting out bales of hay), water and care for horses, mules and ponies.
- Provide interpretative horseback rides
- Assist with the kennel if needed
- Must be willing to learn the history of Yosemite National Park Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work all department shifts.
- 1 year experience in stable and/or ranch work where horsemanship is demonstrated
- Experience in packing, guiding, and Horseshoeing is preferred
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Must supply own WESTERN tack
- Knowledge of Yosemite area to provide interpretive program to a wide variety of guests
- Must be First Aid certified and have a current CPR Certification
- Exceptional customer service skills and a pleasant manner.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience working with horses and horseback riding.