Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
The Biomedical Equipment Technician III maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Aramark Healthcare Technologies Program. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of complex biomedical equipment. Provides technical guidance to other BMET I or BMET II employees in the department. Coordinates special projects and performs specialized technical tasks.
- Provides technical guidance, mentoring and precepting to other employees in the department.
- Serves as a member or advisor to the hospital’s Risk Management, Safety and/or other appropriate committees, as needed.
- Conducts cross training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems.
- Serves as a reference source for clinical engineering and clinical staff with regards to appropriate procedures for the operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Performs routine rounding throughout the Medical Facility and provides consistent feedback to user departments on the status of repairs and other maintenance activities
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, repairs and planned maintenance.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections.
- Evaluates new equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, PM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Helps maintain technical literature library.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains documentation required by management and as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
- Maintains current knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent in Military or experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Proficient in all skills required for a BMET II.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).