About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Prepare a daily report that verifies transactions
- Be able to work quickly and concisely under pressure
- Understand what is inclusive of a reimbursable meal
- Ensure storage of food in a proper and sanitary manner
- Organize and assist in major cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, and cooking and serving equipment at the regularly scheduled intervals
- Ensure food items and supplies are checked in as they arrive
- Ensure daily cleaning and sterilization of all dishes, silverware, and cooking utensils
- Promote good public relations
- Attend in-service meetings as scheduled by the General Manager/Lead
- Proper utilization of leftovers as required
- Maintain a constant sense of cost control
- Adhere to all HACCP regulations for sanitation, food handling, and storage
- Adhere to the uniform policy
- Communicate with the Kitchen Manager daily to understand and properly prepare menu for the day
- Serve food at proper portions as requested
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, and all other cooking and serving equipment
- Measure and mix ingredients according to standardized recipes using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and other preparation equipment to prepare entrees, soups, salads, sandwiches, gravies, desserts, sauces, casseroles, and other food items
- Bake, roast, broil, boil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
- Observe and test food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and taking temperature to assure it is cooked
- May wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- May bake bread, rolls, cakes, and pastries
- Other related duties as assigned
- Job Responsibilities
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Performs a variety of minor food service tasks, such as making coffee, iced tea, and other cold beverages.
- Prepares a variety of food items as assigned including deli or steam table area as well other made-to-order hot items following established guidelines.
- Performs a variety of different tasks on the patient tray line, serving line, and within the cafeteria.
- Serves food items to cafeteria customers in accordance with specific requests and in keeping with portion control.
- Portions, wraps, and labels food items for vending services.
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned work stations, serving areas, counters, floors, dish machines, trash/linen receptacles, sinks, and other equipment or fixtures used throughout the area.
- Transports and unloads patient and cafeteria carts.
- Prepares and sets up all special function items and assists in serving special breakfasts, luncheons, dinners and banquets.
- Assembles, operates, sanitizes, and disassembles the dish machine.
- Scrubs, sanitizes, and rinses pots and pans.
- Operates cash register to properly show transaction of customers served, deposits cash received, and balances cash drawers.
- Receives cash box and counts for accuracy.
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work
- Read instructions for items to be made
- Use math to calculate change
- Work with client(s) with tact and diplomacy
- Perform work that is routine and organized
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside)
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
- Foodservice Sanitation Certificate as needed
- Job Qualifications
- High School Degree or G.E.D. preferred. Current student considered.
- Previous experience in food service or related field is preferred.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- High School diploma/GED