Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s Healthcare Technologies business is the largest independent provider of healthcare technology management solutions in North America, providing tailored solutions for Clinical Equipment Optimization, IT Integration, Capital Planning and more. Through our world class Technology & Innovation Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, we underscore our commitment to providing customers with deep technical expertise and insight-driven innovation. Learn more about us by watching this video and visit us on the web.
This role will be lead at a small, new account in the Annapolis area and will need experience in both biomed and imaging. The Biomedical Equipment Supervisor maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Aramark Healthcare Technologies Program. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. Supervises biomedical technicians; responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. Position does not have client or financial responsibility at the account.
- Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff.
- Serves as a member or advisor to hospital’s Risk Management, Safety and other appropriate committees, as needed.
- Makes critical decisions in absence of the Technology Manager.
- Administers coaching, delivers performance feedback and issues discipline with guidance and assistance from the Technology Manager.
- Enforces Aramark and Hospital policies.
- Supervises and performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Communicates the concern for proper planning, time utilization, high quality and cost containment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories, and supplies and the development of detailed purchase specifications.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to Biomedical Equipment Technicians.
- Provides leadership in the management of major projects.
- Supervises the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance of history records, PM and safety inspections, purchase requests, repair parts and clinical equipment inventory records.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Computerized Medical Maintenance System (CMMS).
- Executes the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) on a daily basis.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates the work performed by service contractors to include maintenance, calibration, installation and verification of service documentation.
- Supervises and maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates cost-effective decision making skills that are broader based using general policy guidelines.
- Provides alternate solutions to Technology Manager for critical and complex issues. Assists in decision making prior to implementation
AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent in Military or experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Management skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).