Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description:
We are currently seeking a Sustainability Manager for the Aramark operation at University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic and motivated about designing sustainability solutions on campus with students, faculty and staff. This position plays a vital role in growing our campus efforts and serving as a liaison to the UK campus community to infuse sustainability into everyday activities.
In alignment with the University’s sustainability platform and campus sustainability initiatives, the Sustainability Manager will work with field operations teams to implement standard operating sustainability procedures and practices in the areas of responsible sourcing, local and Kentucky Proud purchasing, efficient operations, and waste minimization. They will manage the overall sustainability program for dining operations, and work with the onsite marketing team on the communication of results which directly affects our shared environment, sales growth, market penetration, and customer satisfaction. Finally, they will act as an agent for change management by creating awareness of the program's key objectives and establishing training while implementing programs that achieve key objectives. This person will educate both the Dining team and the campus community on sustainability concepts, frameworks and programs and how these programs impact the community and our environment.
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Implement a comprehensive waste minimization strategy and program for campus dining.
- Establish partnerships with local and KY Proud growers/producers through approved supply chain management processes.
- Work with the operations team on energy and water conservation initiatives and green building practices in all dining facilities. Ensure that all locations continue to follow the guidelines established by the Green Restaurant Association.
- Create sustainability marketing and education awareness campaigns and events.
- Participate in regular meetings with campus sustainability departments, student groups and organizations to collaborate on sustainability initiatives and ensure that our environmental goals and projects align.
- Coordinate sustainability training for the management team and hourly employees.
- Plan educational field trips for students to local farms and suppliers.
- Ensure that all campus locations adhere to AASHE standards.
- Collaborate with various colleges and departments to grow participation in the sustainability initiatives supported by Dining Services.
- Supervise, lead, train and monitor the activities of Dining Services staff and student workers to accomplish the above.
- Serve as department liaison to the UK campus community for sustainability-related programs, projects, policies, challenges, ideas and issues. Engage managers to develop, implement and manage campus sustainability solutions.
- Prepare budget proposals, recommendations and approvals where appropriate.
- Work with management team to evaluate effectiveness and potential of unique project/programs/functions.
- Oversee the development and facilitation of online content, workshops, meetings or conferences with high impact on program and/or participation; monitor logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Represent university and dining program, when appropriate, in public relations/liaison capacity on matters relating to function, project, program, and/or production, including external conferences and seminars.
- Maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard service model.
- Represent the department and serve on various department and university committees
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and be able to build strong relationships with clients and customers as well as Aramark teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Possessing the ability to influence complex decision-making processes is fundamental.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and coordinating projects.
- Sustainability experience in higher education preferred.
- Evident experience using MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with operations budgets and expenses.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- Requires at least 1 year of experience and prior experience in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired