Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on the Aramark Education and Global Operational Excellence Food Management Process. Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain compliance with all requirements of Federal, State, and local regulations and guidelines. Maintain all records and reports necessary to comply with Aramark, government, and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure compliance to Aramark’s food safety, sanitation, and overall occupational workplace safety standards by maintaining a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Support diet restrictions and physician orders by developing menus supporting dietary care plans. Provides nutritional counseling for school nurses as needed for student diet orders and support parental involvement as necessary.
- Assist in menu planning, pre-costing and post-costing through the software production system, meal acceptability, inventory, ordering, generation of food production sheets and standardized recipes.
- Drive customer satisfaction, and maintain client relationships through professionalism. Conduct evaluations and investigate program concerns while providing recommendations to improve service and quality.
- Participate in appropriate food service committee meetings, student focus groups and client’s Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) activities.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the front line manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or comparable major.
- Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire.
- Must have an active Dietitian license with the state of Illinois or be eligible to secure license within 90 days of hire.
- Current or the ability to obtain ServSafe Food Safety Certification in order to support food production process within the kitchens.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of food service experience is required; K-12 recipe database experience is preferred
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, client's customers, and support staff is essential for success in this role. Must have the ability to interact productively with students of all ages.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications