Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
- Plan, prepare and serve a variety of nutritious, quality meals according to the established time schedule.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers based on the probable number of personnel to be fed, popularity of various meal items, and frequency of the menu cycle.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, and develops methods to ensure effective cost controls for food and labor costs.
- Maintain balance inventories of groceries and supplies by ordering these accurately, in a timely manner, and by properly storing and rotating groceries and supplies.
- Inspect galley, living quarters (shallow-water operations), dining, storage areas and other areas on which ARAMARK is responsible on at least a daily basis to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation maintenance.
- Maintain uninterrupted customer service by managing crew change and rotation schedules on shallow-water operations.
- Maintain and submit accurate, required paperwork, which includes weekly inventories, meal & bunk rosters, safety paperwork and other forms as well as incident investigation reports.
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure proper sanitation and hygiene standards are being followed at all times while performing duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mentors newly hired Chef’s and Cooks with on-site kitchen practices and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards.
- Be responsible for all cleaning and coordination of work if working alone.
- Maintain good customer relationships by courteous, daily contact and ensuring professional and quality service that is in compliance with the client specified contract standards.
- On Deepwater operations the Chef Manager is required to support the Camp Boss in overall daily activities and be responsible for the efficient kitchen operations.
- Enforce compliance with safety, fire, and health/sanitation regulations to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure all employees are properly trained in their jobs and safety.
- Ensure all employees are following all proper safety and job procedures.
- Ensure all employees are wearing proper clothing and safety equipment where needed.
- Ensure all safety hazards and unsafe job practices are corrected.
- Ensure all employees know proper evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Conduct regular safety meetings for updating and reviewing safety matters and maintain availability of safety equipment as well as ensure its use.
- Discuss safety issues with individual employees and answer any appropriate questions they may have.
- Fill in Safety Training Checklists, Safety Checklists, Safety Meeting Reports, Illness & Accident Reports, and any other report related to the supervisory aspect of your job.
- Investigate all accidents and near misses (near incidents) involving Aramark personnel or equipment.
- Conduct safety inspections and maintain safety inspection records.
- Initiate a proper and friendly approach in maintaining safe attitudes of employees.
- Be a prime example of using proper and safe working procedures.
- Maintain good relations with your employees so that you are aware of any temporary problem or condition that might make your employees a safety risk.
- Know how to operate all of your area emergency equipment including fire protection equipment.
- Report to your supervisor any safety hazard that you are having problems controlling.
Physical Demands: .
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to prolonged standing and walking as well as frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with the hands and arms and taste of smell. The employee is frequently required to climb stairs or ladders, kneel, crouch, stoop and maintain balance. The employee must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 50-lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Working and living in a remote, confined workplace up to four weeks.
- Working 12-hour shifts.
- Working uninterrupted work schedules including holidays.
- Traveling to work throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- May be transported by helicopter or boat to and from job site.
- Critical medical services are not immediately available.
- Accesses to municipal services are not available at worksite.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 6-months to 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer, internet software, order processing systems, MS Excel spreadsheet software and MS word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations include Culinary certification which preferred but not required; ServSafe Certification, HUET/Mets training, TWIC, and Rig Pass.
Other Qualifications include the ability to work on a hitch “rotation” in a remote offshore location in the Gulf of Mexico or similar location. A hitch can last between 2-4 weeks in duration which requires 100% overnight travel to the work location port of embarkation and living on a rig in the Gulf of Mexico or similar location.