About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The grill cook takes orders for grill food items, cooks and prepares the order, and gives the order to the customer. Providing quality service is essential to customer satisfaction.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Sets up and breaks down the grill station
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service
- Takes the customer's order and prepares the order according to recipe, keeping in mind additional customer specifications or dietary needs
- Cooks items according to the specified cook times to ensure that they are safe for customer consumption
- Uses the correct portions when cutting and serving items
- Anticipates peak and non-peak service times; batch cooks food items accordingly
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Lifts food pans from warmer to the serving line
- Operates and cleans grill station (flat-top grill, char grill, hood vents, fryers, etc.)
- Additional Job Functions:
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.