About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: The hourly supervisor oversees the operations of their location to ensure all food is prepared and served according to health and safety regulations; facility is clean; employees are properly trained; and, customers are satisfied with their service. The supervisor assists in managing the staff and plays a large role in the ability to maintain positive employee relations and a positive team environment.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and closing the locations according to expectations of the management team
- Oversees setting up and breaking down of work stations
- Oversees the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, equipment, and utensils
- Oversees the cashiers on duty and ensures that they are properly trained and adhere to the cashier policy
- Orders additional product when necessary, checks in the NPO leader or stand manager to confirm levels
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items on the line
- Must have high-level product knowledge and ability to train the staff to effectively service the customer
- Ensures staff completes daily temperature logs
- Oversees the product merchandising, line displays, and distribution of marketing materials
- Delegates tasks to employees as necessary
- Provides on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members
- Assists managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintaining up to date contact information
- Informs management of escalating employee conduct issues
- Responsible for making sure the staff properly disposes of waste
- Responsible for making sure each station has taken samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers
- Greets customers as they enter and leave the location
- Oversees staffing during peak times of operation and deal with labor shortages as needed
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train at other positions in the location
- Work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees and directs staff to ensure timely and effective service of customers.
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
Keying / Fingering: Constant
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standard
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.