About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Marketing Student Intern will assist the Marketing Manager with marketing plan development, promotions, product sampling events, and advertising. Main job duties will include, but not limited to assisting with social media management, graphic design, meal plan sales, retail and residential promotions and special event execution.
- Background and interest in Marketing, Management, and/or Advertising and Promotions
- General understanding of Social Media Marketing concepts
- Graphic Design Skills. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous food service experience a plus, but not required
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work well and communicate with others
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development of new strategies and tactics for promoting existing or new locations, to enhance sales and customer satisfaction
- Visually supports program messaging by assisting the Marketing Manager in design of collateral for various marketing campaigns, inclusive of promotions, social media, advertisement and meal plan sales
- Support with coordinating special events, promotions, media interaction, public relations
- Assist in creating and maintaining a social media content editorial calendar by developing a strategy that is clear, concise, meaningful and measureable.
- Effectively communicate information from management to customers, students, parents, faculty and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Marketing, Communications or Management major
- Adheres to all policies/procedures set forth in the employee handbook
- Presents him/herself in a professional manner
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Responds to inquires/requests timely and appropriately based on organizational needs
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication with supervisors, team members and the clients
- Understanding of general functions of Dining Services locations
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities
- Able to carry out goals/tasks within tight deadlines
- Display positive attitude with customers, coworkers and projects
- Demonstrates the ability to help others adapt to new situations
- Demonstrates initiative to present new ideas
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work
- Read instructions for items to be made
- Use math to calculate change
- Work with client(s) with tact and diplomacy
- Perform work that is routine and organized
- Present professional appearance
- High School diploma/GED
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.