About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Provide skilled work required to safely and reliably troubleshoot and make repairs in a commercial and residential plumbing environment, including new installations and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair domestic, hot water, and sewer lines.
- Repair and/or replace plumbing fixtures.
- Perform general and preventive maintenance to boilers, tank-less boilers, water heaters, storage tanks, and pumps.
- Be able to service all backflows on campus, or be willing to receive the training to do so.
- Maintain irrigation systems throughout campus.
- Maintain plumbing inventory, tools, and test equipment.
- Use work order system and provided tools to complete paper work on the go.
- Ensure work areas are left clean and safe upon completion of work.
- Participate in training sessions provided by Aramark.
- Available for on-call rotation.
- Handle telephone communication with customers tactfully and provide excellent customer service.
- Work with subcontracted personnel to accomplish assigned work safely, reliably and cost effectively.
- Assist other departments in other duties and locations as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Formal vocational education/training in operations and maintenance of boilers, chillers, turbines, generators or control systems is desired.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Four (4) years training/job experience operating and maintaining pumps, cooling towers, boilers, chillers, turbines, generators or control systems.
- Full range mobility outdoors, indoors and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps or ladders.
- Manual dexterity with power and hand tools.
- Visual acuity.
- Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions.
- Handle 40-60 pound bags of salt for storage and replacement of salt levels in brine tanks.
- Handles 30-45 gallon barrels of soap and lubricants for storage and use in various equipment.