About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: The Club Concessions Cook takes orders for grill food items, cooks and prepares the order, and gives the order to the customer or prepares for holding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preps cold food items needed for production
- Sets up and breaks down the grill station
- Provides friendly and helpful customer service
- Communicates with cashiers to understand customer's order and prepares the order according to recipe, keeping in mind additional customer specifications or dietary needs
- Cooks items according to the specified cook times to ensure that they are safe for customer consumption
- Uses the correct portions when cutting and serving items
- Anticipates peak and non-peak service times; batch cooks food items accordingly
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Operates and cleans grill station (flat-top grill, char grill, hood vents, fryers, etc.)
- Works in other areas or departments as needed
Hours of employment:
- Game day schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This is a part time position and hours vary by event and season.
- Must be available to work University of Iowa home football games.
Work Environment: Mostly works in back-of-house. Requires work in grill area with extreme heat and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Time management skills
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1 year experience in the food service industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal instructions
- Complete a sanitation course either before or first day
- Must be able to walk/stand for majority of shift and lift up to 30 pounds
- Willing to accept change, new procedures, and constructive comments
- Ability to build relationships with guests and co-workers
- Demonstrated organizational skills to improve efficiency
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, meet production/service time schedules, and adapt to necessary and unforeseen changes
- Demonstrate consistent professionalism in the execution of daily assignments
- One year experience in a food production setting preferred
- Serv-Safe certification a plus