About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Come join a driven, high energy Pastry team! We have begun making all pastries in house from scratch.
This is an exciting time to become a part of a growing department with room for advancement.
Currently looking for all levels of pastry background. Most importantly you have the desire to never stop learning and have a positive attitude.
If you want to be a part of a work family that has a passion for what they do then this is the place for you!
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of pastries and understanding the timing of food production and to have all components of ready for consumption
- Responsible for expediting and maintaining the amount of food produced based on forecasted demand during peak and non-peak service times
- Communicate with the management to maintain the level of food quality that is expected
- Ensure daily communication between the day and night shifts regarding items that require long cooking times and planning for upcoming meals
- Communicate any issues to the staff which could affect the service before each meal period
- Ability to prepare pastries according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to insure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Ensure food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Evaluate front-of-house presentation and make changes to food displays as needed
- Sets up/Breaks down work station
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work station, equipment, and utensils
- Must be trained to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Maintain production results of each meal
- Communicate with management regarding food product that needs to be ordered for upcoming production plans
- Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
Additional Job Functions:
- Must have valid Food Handler Card
- Work in other areas as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customers service
- Must have the ability to manage and support the kitchen staff
- Minimum 2 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Culinary training or degree
- 3 or more years experience in the food service industry as a cook