About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Banquet Captain will assist the Banquet Manager in overseeing staffing of banquet operations. Support standards of personnel performance and service to customers. Inspect the premises to maintain health, safety, and sanitation regulations. Support the operation of banquet and catering activities, including but not limited to: staffing functions, interacting with employees, customers, and vendors. The Banquet Captain directly supervises catered events. These include the planning, set-up, execution, and tear down of all events. The Banquet Captain stays in contact with the host (on-site contact) throughout the event to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute the successful operations of various banquet services
- Prepare assignments for staff assigned to each event; includes assignments for each portion of the work shift such as set-up, reception, event tear-down, and side work.
- Conduct lineups with the staff at the start of each shift; inspect uniforms, review assignments, and steps of service for each event.
- Directly supervise banquet employees to include existing and temporary staff.
- Direct interaction with guests at all times in a professional and polite manner; promote and maintain the highest level of customer service to all guests.
- Coordinate meal service with kitchen staff and chefs.
- Communicate to chef, Catering Managers, and Sales Managers in all areas regarding food quality and service levels.
- Coach and counsel associates regarding performance on an on-going basis.
- Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management; notify supervisor and/or security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts.
- Attend all staff meetings as required by management.
- Maintain close communication and work cooperatively with Director of Food & Beverage, the rest of the administrative team, and co-workers to ensure consistency of services and the highest quality of operation.
- Participate in department meetings and continually communicate a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results
- Maintain and inventory all small wares.
- Prepare Captain’s Reports, detailing the function and comments of the host (on-site contact).
- Knowledgeable in CaterMate, Kronos, Word, and Excel.
- TIPS/TEAM Training.
Additional Job Functions:
- Other duties as assigned by Catering / Banquet Manager.
- Cross-train and work at other stations and positions in other departments as necessary, to include use a cash register or point of sale system as needed.
- Participate in the associate performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
- Handle associate progressive disciplinary procedures as required.
- Participate as needed in the interviewing and hiring of banquet associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Use all available on the job training tools for associates; supervise on-going training initiatives and conduct training when appropriate.
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
- Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems
- Ability to manage people and have accountability for company assets
- Successful completion of the Aramark Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
- Must be willing to follow all Aramark Safety Standards
- Experience in food service industry
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with guests, co-workers, as well as others in the college community
- Front-of-house and/or back-of-house
- Occasionally inside kitchen area and or dish room; including interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.
- Cash Register
- Credit Card Machine
- POS System
- Coffee Machine
- All Kitchen Equipment
Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT: Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
Keying / Fingering: Constant
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.