The Energy Manager shall be responsible for the identification and documentation of low-cost energy conservation opportunities that generate energy savings for our New York City Higher Education Client. This individual will report directly to the Retrocommissioning (RCx) Senior Program Manager. The position may require up to 90% day travel primarily within NYC. There may limited overnight travel but will not by typical.
- Identify, manage and implement a RCx process that drives energy savings
- Manage the planning, investigation and implementation phases of RCx
- Identify and implement low-cost energy conservation opportunities, and help facilitate the implementation of projects, initiatives, and programs that reduce energy consumption and demand
- Develop cost and payback analyses for identified initiatives
- Develop RCx plans, technical reports and present presentations of findings
- Data evaluation and interpretation;
- Participate in meetings and demonstrate appropriate level of technical capabilities
- Troubleshoot system operational issues that impact system operation and energy efficiency
- Perform field inspections, equipment startups, and functional performance tests
- Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy of the overall RCx program
- Maintaining accurate records
- Utilize effective management skills and communication to deliver results
- Required level of Technical Experience (5+ years); or Bachelor Degree in related field with minimum 4 years energy efficiency experience
- Some level of RCx experience is preferred, but not a requirement
- Capable of developing technical reports that can be effectively communicated
- Strong HVAC and/or controls background. Possess the knowledge and capabilities to perform investigation of Energy Management Control Systems / Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems and to recommend and implement advanced control strategies.
- Proven track record of delivering assigned projects
- Strong problem solving, communication and collaborative team building skills
- Assist with identifying and evaluating energy efficiency measures, calculate the savings potential of measures, and prepare assessment reports.
- Previous experience implementing low-cost Energy Conservation Measures is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software: Excel, Word, Power Point