Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The server establishes a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. The server delivers food and carries service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. This position requires individuals with the ability to be service-minded and committed to providing outstanding guest satisfaction.
Supervise all employees/volunteers in assigned Events
- Prior to opening, make sure all stands and portables are stocked with goods and fully staffed.
- Maintain a watch for underage patrons by checking the identification of customers to ensure they meet alcohol age legal requirements
- Ensure all paperwork has been completed including: stand sheets, gratis, spoilage, intent to volunteer, food safety and sanitation guidelines, and alcohol guidelines. Sign off on paperwork at end of event.
- Make sure all assigned areas have been cleaned at the end of the event.
- Carry service tray in order to deliver and serve food and beverages to table
- Work with bartenders in order to process drinks orders
- Work with kitchen staff to coordinate and collect orders efficiently
- Complete all bussing attendant duties when required
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner
- May be required to train other employees, educating them on menu items and other aspects of the role
- The server will work at banquets and special functions – serving and keeping food & beverage areas stocked
- The server will be required to prepare banquet facilities by setting up and breaking down chairs, tables, buffets, center pieces
- May be required to set up china, glassware and place settings
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Know and abide by all state liquor laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to the Catering Manager
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
- Must have the ability to lift food trays
- Must meet state regulations for alcohol serving age
- Should be able to work all department shifts
- Previous restaurant and food service experience
- Outgoing personality and friendly manner
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
- Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Minimum of 1-2 years Serving experience is required
- Prior experience in a similar setting or operation a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, time management and communication skills.
- Experience with a POS system.
- Strong leadership and training ability.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously.
- TIPS, TEAM, SERVSAFE certified.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with diverse groups of customers and employees.
- High school diploma required
- Prefered College diploma
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.