About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a Human Resources Director you will be responsible for providing primary generalist support and leadership across the business unit. This staff member supports the enterprise-wide full life-cycle talent management strategy that aligns with and drives business goals. Additionally, the Human Resources Director partners with the Business Leadership to continually monitor and drive the evolution of human capital solutions in support of the organization’s vision and strategy. He or she is responsible for the development of HR professionals and interfaces with business leaders on talent management, organizational design, change management, organization dynamics, and employee relations and labor relations.
- Partner with business leadership to identify human resources solutions to help achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Actively participate in the planning, and execution of business strategy.
- Plan for and secure the right people with the right skills to execute on current and future business strategies. Understand and apply internal and external workforce trends and competency requirements to identify and address current / future talent gaps.
- Implement consistent and comprehensive assessment and selection processes to ensure succession plans that deliver talent to the organization.
- Work with Talent Acquisition COE to develop and execute a proactive talent acquisition plan; analyzes status of staffing and turnover throughout business; recommends and implements recruiting, hiring and retention strategies.
- Takes ownership for identifying and building talent, encouraging and supporting employee development, and communicating with employees about the positive impact on the business of talent development.
- Support enterprise diversity and inclusion initiatives through partnership with business leaders to develop inclusive and cohesive teams.
- Serve as key change agent on new initiatives, programs, and processes to positively influence the organizational culture.
- Provide consultation in organizational effectiveness & organizational development to Business Leaders completing projects to improve structures, processes, roles and responsibilities, and improve team effectiveness.
- Actively participate in the business life-cycle process, including but not limited to prebid strategy development, RFP support, bid presentations, and acquisitions.
- Manage and develop a team of human resources professionals, including development plans, performance management, succession planning, and talent assessment and hiring.
- In conjunction with Compensation COE, plans and implements compensation strategy, new reward and recognition programs , etc. Provides consulting and training to managers on compensation plans and decisions. Conduct job evaluations and respond to questions and issues regarding compensation.
- Models performance management; sets expectations, provides resources, delivers feedback holding employees accountable ensuring efforts are aligned and achieve business outcomes. Reinforce actions that accomplish expectations and take steps to eliminate counterproductive work.
- Partner with business leadership and model engagement practices by helping to identify and diagnose potential issues and initiate proactive solutions. Stimulate and encourage ideas, recognize contributions, encourage and acknowledge feedback and act upon it, communicate the vision often, build and share networks, and implement Employee Engagement best practices to ensure high levels of employee engagement.
- Works with benefits staff in implementation of benefit plans and policies. Ensures Schedule Of Coverage (SOCs) is completed for business unit. May assist in resolving complex benefit problems.
- In conjunction with risk management staff, implements policies and procedures for a safe work place. Works with risk management staff in developing region specific programs. Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported to the appropriate parties.
- Implements company and divisional policies which comply with prevailing laws. Ensures company compliance with state and local laws for assigned geographic area.
- In conjunction with corporate legal staff, responds to charges of discrimination. Meets with the appropriate individuals in an effort to resolve the case under investigation. Attends all necessary hearings as a representative for the company.
- Act with integrity as a company agent and steward of resources to protect and ensure the business prospers. Administer company policies and programs fairly and consistently to ensure full compliance and high level of employee trust in the organization.
- Proficient working knowledge of all aspects of human resources, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employee relations and labor relations, talent acquisition, leadership development, talent management, training and organizational development, change management, and organizational dynamics
- Prior experience in at least one HR specialist area and a demonstrated ability to apply human resources principles across multiple client groups and markets
- Knowledge of compliance, state labor laws, and other regulations relevant to the business environment
- Valid Driver's License
- Must exhibit the ability to effectively network and navigate through organizational relationships and work in a complex matrixed environment; must also exhibit the ability to effectively lead virtual projects or teams
- Minimum of 7–10 years experience in some combination of generalist and specialist management roles
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree/MBA preferred