Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Cook’s Helper assists the chefs by preparing hot food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment. Food of consistent quality is prepared by following recipe cards and production and portion standards and guidelines. Cook’s Helper is also required to gain an extensive knowledge of how to correctly use kitchen equipment such as steamers, ovens, mixers, grills, and other equipment.
• Ensure a clean, safe and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the kitchen at all times • Perform any opening and closing side work as required • Assist with bulk cold food assembly • Prepare food for proper storage • Cook and prepare food made to order for guests as requested • Prepare and create hot food trays for breakfast and lunch buffets and events • Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and fries, that require short preparation times • Transport food products of up to 50lbs for food preparation • Maintain store rooms, pantry, ovens and refrigerators and ensure they are kept clean • Verify food requirements are met for quality and quantity • Operate manual mechanical food processing equipment including grills, deep fryers, and griddles • Ensure that food safety guidelines and company food quality standards are adhered to at all times • Complete time and temperature control logs on a daily basis for HACCP compliance • Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations • Keep all kitchen floors swept and mopped at all times • Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to management immediately • Report to work in proper uniform • Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule • May be required to perform Kitchen Utility Worker duties when business requires • Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy Report to work on time and in complete uniform • Other duties as assigned Status and Scope: Reports to the Executive Chef
• Must be able to read and follow recipes
• Must have 6 months of prior kitchen or fast food experience
• Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manner
• Must be able to accurately carry out instructions
• Must be able to complete repetitive tasks and stand for extended periods of time
• An attention to detail focus is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained
• Must be fluent in the English language
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification
• Knowledge of dinner cookery and preparation of a la carte and batch cookery
• Complete knowledge of all kitchen departments
• Should be able to work all department shifts
Equipment Used: Oven, Mixer, Grill, and Steamer, Cleaning Utensils, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Food Cutting Utensils, and Hand Truck Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT